Friday 20 January 2017

Shah Rukh Khan revealed the reason why he did 'Darr' and 'Baazigar'!



Bollywood's Badshah needs no introduction. From his towering acts in the films to sweeping the populace off their feet with his larger-than-life 'King' size persona, SRK is one star born one in a million. Shah Rukh Khan in the undefeated reigner of Bollywood and it's been 25 years since he first set foot and there's been no looking back ever since. The actors wooed the critics and audience alike with his irresistible charm and top craft.



While he has been the favorite romantic hero on earth for us, being the hero and saving the heroines, we must accept there was something magical even when turned a baddie on the block. And for an actor who has been widely accepted as the hero and a chocolate boy, it's gutsy to take on the shady roles on Shah Rukh's part.

In a recent interview with a leading news portal, Shah Rukh opened up and revealed the reason, why in his 25-year-old glorious journey, he decided on signing films like ‘Baazigar’ and ‘Darr’ early in his career:

"The reasons I agreed to do roles which the other guys were saying no to (for whatever their mindset was), a Darr or a Baazigar, was because I thought I'm not good-looking enough to be a hero, so let me just get a villain's job. I didn't do it because I was gutsy or because I knew I could pull it off, I'm such a great actor," said the 51-year-old superstar.

One of his directors (whom SRK refused to name) told him, "You're so ordinary and ugly looking, I can use you for anything." And that suited Shah Rukh Khan just fine just so long as he got to act.

'I took on roles because I just wanted to act. It didn't make any difference if I was going to become Rishi Kapoor or Amitabh Bachchan, it didn't matter if I became Salman Khan or Aamir Khan - they were already working here. I just wanted to act because I thought I know a bit of it," he revealed.

As a piece of advice for the youth, SRK added, You don't have to be good-looking of gifted or connected - he doesn't think he is any of this. "Don't worry about the outside world having assumptions and criteria."


Who would have thought? The boy who took roles as long as he got to act would rule the industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment